Sunday, October 2, 2011

Triumph!

It is quite amazing the feeling one gets after accomplishing the simple things in life. Friday I had this very feeling. I felt a sense of excellence! A real super mom! I took both Jaiden and Nixie to Disneyland on my own. This was the first time I wasn't meeting a friend, a sister, my mom, had a sister go with me, or had Sean with me. We got there a little later than I wanted to, but we were able to go do each thing I planned. Since we have a Disneyland pass, it is nice to just be able to go for a few hours and go home. And if we don't get to do all we wanted to, we can just go home and go another day. Friday we were able to go to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show and got excellent seats in the front. Then we made our way over to the Aladdin Show. This is one of my favorite shows at California Adventure. We got yet another great seat. We hit a rough patch right before the show started while Nixie was trying to nurse, but by the shows beginning we were good to go. Last but not least, we headed over to the new Arial ride. The line was so short we just walked with on. We went on it twice. Since we go there a little late, we decided to call it a day.
Nixie was very excited about the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Show.
I got these pics outta order and don't know how to switch them without redoing them. But this was the end result. Both girls were asleep before we even got back to the parking garage. Jaiden even let me transfer her from the stroller to the carseat without a fight.
Jaiden LOVES dancing and singing to all the music and shows. I think Mickey Mouse clubhouse is her favorite!

All in all we had a great day! There were no major meltdowns. No accidents. And all three of us are alive and well. It has been a bit of a challenge since Sean has been at his training. I don't know how the single parents do it. They are amazing. So are the parents that have spouses away for a short or long time. I am blessed to be here with my family. I am thankful for the strength they give me, thankful for a wonderful foundation and relationship Sean and I share with one another and with the Lord. Everyday is a challenge. Everyday is a battle in one form or another. Yet I am able to TRIUMPH with the strength I have somehow gotten even with lack of rest, sleep, and sanity. I knew I could do it, I just didn't think some days would be so hard. But on this day, we made it through.

TRIUMPH!!!

1 comment:

Paul and Marsha Hunter said...

I remember the first time I took Austin to Disneyland by myself and then I only had 1! Good Job!